Who has the drive?
Time left to apply:
Think you’ve got the drive to become Generation Next 2016? Sign up below and you could win an award-winning Nissan for a year.
Think you’ve got the drive to become Generation Next 2016? Sign up below and you could win an award-winning Nissan for a year.
APPLICANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Nissan Generation Next is open to entry (or other participation in) by individuals who reside in the Republic of Ireland in possession of a full, clean Irish driving licence (excluding employees of the Promoter, Nissan dealerships and/or their agencies). Submission of an application to Nissan Generation Next constitutes a full and unconditional acceptance by the applicant of these Terms and Conditions, which shall include any instructions which may be separately or subsequently provided by Nissan Ireland, a limited company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland with registered number 57839 having its registered office at Parkwest Business Park, (hereinafter referred to as the "Promoter").
1. The applicant (person completing the application form) must have a full, clean Irish driving licence.
2. Entry to Nissan Generation Next is free. You can enter from 00:01 on 29th March 2016, and all applications must be submitted by 23.59 on the 10th May 2016.
3. To enter, applicants must complete the online application form in its entirety and submit it via www.nissangenerationnext.ie
4. Please ensure you submit a valid and working email address as we will email you to confirm receipt of a valid application and such email constitutes proof of receipt. We will do this only once.
5. You will receive an email within five (5) working days of your application informing you whether or not your application has satisfied the entry requirements and corresponds with the guidelines outlined on www.nissangenerationnext.ie. For this screening process the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. If your application is found to be acceptable, any information you supplied will most likely be made public on www.nissangenerationnext.ie. You hereby consent to and authorise the above
7. For the avoidance of doubt, applications and applicants must adhere to the eligibility criteria and the guidelines on www.nissangenerationnext.ie before their applications will be made available for public viewing and voting. A shortlist of 20 applicants will be chosen and must be available between 10th - 31st May to facilitate a photo call and interview for press statements.
8. Public voting will take place during the period is 1st June 2016 until 28th June 2016.
9. Seven ambassadors will be selected by way of public vote and the remaining three will be chosen by the Promoter. This is at the discretion of the Promoter and may change with no prior warning.
10. All applications must be submitted in English.
1. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, exclude or terminate the project's/applicant's participation in Nissan Generation Next where it believes such participation to be fraudulent or based on misconduct. Misconduct includes but is not limited to: (a) voting or attempting to vote on Nissan Generation Next multiple times by the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit votes, buying votes, using vote sharing websites or multiple Facebook accounts to increase votes for a particular submission; (b) tampering with the voting process or the operation of Nissan Generation next, or with any website promoting Nissan generation Next; or (c) acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter expressly reserves the sole discretion and right to disqualify a successful applicant if five (5) working days after a communication from the Promoter they do not respond.
Selection of Winners
1. Out of the ten available ambassador spots, seven will be selected by way of public vote while the remaining three will be chosen by a Nissan panel.
2. The ten successful candidates will be notified no later than 29th June. Successful candidates will need to be available to attend a photo call sometime shortly after the announcement of ambassadors. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the decisions made.
3. The Promoter is not required to let unsuccessful shortlisted candidates know what they scored based on the judging criteria.
4. The candidates must make themselves available to respond to the Judges' queries and to present their proposal upon request as part of the application process.
5. All winning candidates, as a condition of entry, agree to make themselves available for phone or face-to-face media interviews between July 1st and July 30th 2016 and will be given advance notice, where possible of all such interviews.
1. The vehicle provided is at the sole discretion of the Promoter and will be for a period of one year beginning from July 1st. The candidate is responsible for all fuel and toll costs and any expenses incurred on a day to day basis. The Promoter agrees to cover insurance / tax of the vehicle.
2. The winning candidates will be insured on the vehicles only and no other family member / friend of the candidate can drive the vehicle without prior notice and approval given to the Promoter
1. The candidate expressly acknowledges and agrees as a condition of entry to allow the Promoter to use, for the purposes of publicity and in any media, their name, any photographs, images, text, content, all information that they provide and any other information related to them. Candidates waive all moral rights that they may have in their application.
2. The candidate agrees to be involved in publicity relating to Nissan Generation Next and to co-operate in publicity events and agrees for photographs taken of them at such events to be used by the Promoter or its associated or affiliated companies for publicity in any media.
3. The list of winners, including the proposals may be published on www.nissangenerationnext.ie and you hereby consent to same.
4. The candidate expressly agrees that they will not at any time, without the Promoter's prior written consent, disclose or reveal any information disclosed by the Promoter or its officers or agents, including, but not limited to, any terms of award offered by the Promoter or any of its associated group companies to the candidates, or the terms applicable to any donation, except as may be required by law.
5. The Promoter must be provided with advance written notice of any proposal by or on behalf of a winning candidate to publish or announce winner status or any related details. Winning candidates agree that the Promoter is entitled to final approval, including the right to make amendments to any such proposed publication or announcement and that the making of any such announcement or issuing of any such publication is subject to the winning candidate obtaining the Promoter's prior written consent.
6. Winning candidates will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement with the Promoter.
7. Winning candidates will need to make themselves available for potential PR opportunities which may arise following an agreed period of notice and will also be required to commit to monthly video blogs as outlined by the Promoter.
1. The Promoter does not accept any liability for loss or damages incurred, or responsibility for any claim, as a result of acceptance of participation in Nissan Generation Next.
2. The applicant shall indemnify the Promoter to the fullest extent possible by law against any loss and/or damage whatsoever or howsoever arising which the Promoter suffers or incurs as a result of a breach of any warranty, confirmation, undertaking or agreement given by the applicant to the Promoter hereunder or howsoever otherwise provided by the applicant to the Promoter in connection with Nissan Generation Next
3. Neither the Promoter nor any of its associated or affiliated companies shall be liable to any person for any cancellation, discontinuance or delay affecting Nissan Generation Next and they accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting applications to Nissan Generation Next. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for a breakdown in communication systems or networks that might result in an application/vote not being registered or delivered.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Nissan Generation Next programme Terms and Conditions and/or suspend/terminate an application to Nissan Generation Next at any stage without notice.
2. The winner’s name can be found at www.nissangenerationnext.ie after July 10th 2016. No other correspondence will be entered into concerning the result and the decision of the Judges is final.
3. By considering applications, the Promoter is not implying endorsement of any applicant, its organisation, its aims, function, remit, purposes, products or services. All applications must comply with all legal and regulatory requirements in relation to applying to Nissan Generation Next imposed on the applicant or its associated organisation.
4. All costs of application to and participation in Nissan Generation Next are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
5. Any failure on the part of the Promoter to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other term or condition hereunder, or a subsequent breach of such term or condition.
6. An applicant's personal data will be processed in line with their undertakings to take part in publicity as per Terms 24 to 26 inclusive and for the purposes of selecting, contacting and confirming the winners. Applicants personal data will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever without their prior permission.
7. You understand that you are providing your information to Nissan (the Promoter) and the information you provide will only be used for communication associated with this campaign.
8. Where the applicant uploads a photo containing third parties, the applicant confirms that they have obtained the consent of all photographed individuals and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, the uses that the Promoter may make of such images.
9. Nissan Generation Next and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Irish law and any dispute will be determined by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Voting Terms and Conditions
1. Voting for a candidate in the Nissan Generation Next constitutes a full and unconditional acceptance by the voter of these Terms and Conditions provided by Nissan Ireland, a limited company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland with registered number 57839, having its registered office at Parkwest Business Park, Nangor Road (hereinafter referred to as the "Promoter").
How Voting works
1. You may only vote once per day using a valid email address.
2. Voting is open until 23.59 on 28th June 2016.
How to Vote
1. Voting is open to all individuals who reside in the Republic of Ireland.
2. All users who wish to vote will need to vote at www.nissangenerationnext.ie.
3. By voting for a particular candidate you are not tied to that candidate and are free to vote for other participating candidates in the future should you wish.
4. You will be able to vote from 00:01 on 01st June at 00.01 until 28th June 2015 at 23.59.
How the Votes will be Counted and Winning Candidates Selected
1. Each vote will count as one vote for the chosen candidate.
2. The top seven candidates with the most votes will be selected as winners
3. The Promoter will choose a further three candidates.
4. The winners will be announced on 29th July 2016.
5. The type of vehicle provided is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
Disqualification of Votes
1. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, exclude or terminate votes for candidates in Generation Next where it believes such votes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, such misconduct includes, but is not limited to, buying votes, using vote sharing websites or multiple email accounts to increase votes for a particular project.
2. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any voter, vote and/or Project where it finds there was any: (a) tampering with the voting process or the operation of Nissan Generation Next, or with any website promoting the Nissan Generation Next (b) acting in violation of these terms and conditions; or (c) voting or attempting to vote in the Nissan Generation Next multiple times through the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries.
General Conditions applicable to Nissan Generation Next
1. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend, temporarily suspend the Nissan Generation Next programme, these Terms and Conditions and/or suspend/terminate an application in Nissan Generation Next at any stage without notice.
2. Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting votes to Nissan Generation Next. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for a breakdown in communication systems or networks that might result in an entry/vote not being registered or delivered.
3. The Promoter expressly reserves the sole discretion and right to alter the voting process at any stage.
4. Neither the Promoter nor any of its associated or affiliated companies shall be liable to any person for any cancellation, discontinuance or delay affecting Nissan Generation Next.
5. The Promoter will only use the entrant's personal information for the purpose outlined in these Terms and Conditions including but not limited to, verifying the validity of votes and ensuring all applicants to Nissan Generation Next are abiding by the Terms and Conditions of Nissan Generation Next.
6. You understand that you are providing your information to Nissan (The Promoter) and to no other party. The information you provide will only be used for communication associated with this campaign or for further brand communication if the entrant has specifically opted in to receive this.
7. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Nissan is seeking ambitious people who could use a free car or van to achieve their dreams of becoming Ireland’s next generation of leaders on the local, national and international stage.
Ten people who exemplify the drive to succeed in their chosen field will be given a brand new, taxed and insured Nissan to drive for a year as part of the innovative Nissan Generation Next ambassador programme.
Applicant’s chosen fields can include anything from creating a new business to having a chart-hitting single, from pioneering scientific research to competing at the top level of sport.
The Nissan Generation Next programme is designed to support ambitious Irish people, from whatever walk of life, who have the drive and determination to become tomorrow’s leaders.
"Nissan Generation Next is all about helping the best and brightest on the road to success. It is open to anyone who is passionate, committed and working hard to achieve their goals.
Our Nissan Generation Next ambassadors are truly inspirational. They only see what is possible and their ability to forge ahead and to find creative solutions to the challenges and obstacles that they encounter is something that we at Nissan are only too happy to support.
These people really are the leaders of tomorrow."
James McCarthy, CEO of Nissan Ireland.